In 1927 Villa Farnesina was chosen as the office of the Royal Academy of Italy. This exhibition illustrates the amount of work that was being accomplished during ten years in order to adapt this prestigious building to new assignments.
The importance of the work carried out, designed by the engineer Giovanni Massari, led as early as 1940 to the organization of the “Mostra del Restauro”, at the occasion of the convention of the “Soprintendenti all’Antichità e all’Arte”.
To illustrate his work, Massari prepared sixteen tables, 150×100 cm in size, to make the adopted solutions accessible by exposing, in detail, the restoration carried out at Villa Farnesina.
The exhibition, which has now been set up and open to visitors inside the venue, constitutes a collection of these documents, which can now be consulted in twelve tables presented after a careful restoration by the Associazione Amici dell’Accademia dei Lincei.
Information and reservations: Tel. 0668027268-397 www.lincei.it – www.villafarnesina.it. Villa Farnesina: open every weekday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; guided tours on Saturday at 10am (in English) and at 12.30 p.m. (in Italian). Second Sunday of the month extraordinary opening from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with guided tours at 12.30 p.m. (with live Renaissance music and reservations required), at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Special openings on request.