For the first time in the capital, the statue will be exhibited until 10 March at the new Rhinoceros, home of the Alda Fendi-Esperimenti Foundation.
Michelangelo’s masterpiece of the year 1530, one of the artist’s unfinished marble works, comes from the State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg and arrives in Italy for the second time in 230 years, after a first exhibition in 2000 at the Uffizi in Florence.
The exhibition, curated by Professor Sergej Androsov, head of the Department of Western European Art at the Hermitage, was organized by Il Cigno GG Edizioni in collaboration with Villaggio Globale International and marks the beginning of a prestigious agreement between the Fondazione Alda Fendi – Esperimenti and the Russian Museum.
This collaboration is aiming, in particular, at increasing the cultural relations between the two countries also through the loan of prestigious works of art.
Illuminated by a large nine-branched candlestick, designed by Oscar winner Vittorio Storaro and his daughter Francesca, the “Young Crouching” is located at the ground floor in a room of the seventeenth-century Rhinoceros palace in the heart of the Capital, between the Velabro and the Giano Arch, a new space for the culture wanted by Alda Fendi and being made available for visitors only since two months, after the restoration entrusted to Jean Nouvel.
FONDAZIONE ALDA FENDI – ESPERIMENTI. Via dei Cerchi, 21. Opening hours: every day 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Admission: free. Information: Tel. 3406430435.