Place Category: Palaces of Worship
- San Pietro, Piazza San Pietro. Tel. 0669883731. Opening hours: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Rising up on the place where Peter was buried. Requested by Constantine in, this construction was consecrated by pope Silvestro in 326 and its current form by pope Urbano VIII in 1626.
- San Giovanni in Laterano, Piazza di San Giovanni in Laterano. Tel. 0669886493. Opening hours: 7 a.m. – 6.30 p.m. Official Residence of the pope until 1455, under the pontificate of Niccolò V. The Cathedral church of Rome, the Bishop and Pope.
- Santa Maria Maggiore, Piazza di Santa Maria Maggiore. Tel. 0669886800. Opening hours: 7 a.m. – 6.45 p.m. According to tradition, erected in 356 where pope Liberio had a vision of a summer snowfall, commemorated every year on 5 August. The basilica, which was expanded by Eugenio III in 1150, an important Basilica for its splendid 8th century mosaics and its paneled ceiling decorated with the first gold from America.
- San San Paolo fuori le mura, Piazzale di San Paolo, 1. Tel. 0645434185. Opening hours: 7 a.m. – 6.30 p.m. Erected in the place where the apostle Paolo was buried. Before Saint Peters, it was the largest church in Rome consecrated in 324 by pope Silvestro I. Important medals along the aisles which portray the popes of history. According to legend, when the there is no more space for the medals inside the Basilica, the world will come to an end.
- San Lorenzo fuori le mura (or San Lorenzo al Verano), Piazzale del Verano, 3. Tel. 064466184. Opening hours: winter, every day 7.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. / 3.30 p.m. – 7 p.m.; summer, every day 7.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m./ 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Requested by Constantine in 330 on the tomb of San Lorenzo Martire, this church was damaged during the bombings on July 19 1943 and then restored for the Jubilee in 1950.
- Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, Piazza di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, 12. Tel. 0670613053. Opening hours: 7 a.m. – 12.45 p.m./ 3.30 p.m. – 7.30 p.m. Requested by Constantine in 330 to guard the relics of the Holy Cross from the Holy Land, it was erected on the ground where an imperial building rose.
- San Sebastiano fuori le mura, Via Appia Antica, 136. Tel. 067887035. Opening hours: 8 p.m. – 1 p.m. /2 p.m. – 5.30 p.m. Dedicated to the apostles Peter and Paul, whose relics are guarded in the underlying catacombs, San Sebastiano was later buried there, a martyr and victim of the persecution of Diocletian.
Catholic churches officiated in foreign language
- Americana (American) – Santa Susanna, Via XX Settembre, 14. Tel. 064882748. Orario: Messe in inglese: lunedì-sabato 18; domenica 9 e 10.30.
- Francese (French) – San Luigi dei Francesi, Piazza San Luigi dei Francesi, 5. Tel. 06688271.
- Germanica (Germanic) – Santa Maria dell’Anima, Via Santa Maria dell’Anima, 66. Tel. 066828181.
- Inglese (English) – San Silvestro in Capite, Piazza San Silvestro. Tel. 066977121. San Tommaso di Canterbury, Via Monserrato, 45. Tel. 066865808.
- Spagnola (Spanish) – Santa Maria in Monserrato, via di Monserrato, 115. Tel. 066889651.
- Polacca (Polish) – Chiesa di San Stanislao dei Polacchi,Via delle Botteghe Oscure, 15. Tel. 066795347.
- Tempio Maggiore, Lungotevere Cenci. Tel. 066840061. Orario Shachrith: feriali alle 7.45; sabato alle 8.30; venerdì sera Minchà.
- Anglicano (Anglican) – All Saints’ Church of England, Via del Babuino, 153/b. Tel. 0636001881. Orario: festivi 8.30-10.30.
- Avventista (Adventist) – Chiesa Cristiana del Settimo Giorno, Lungotevere Michelangelo, 6/a. Tel. 063609591. Orario: sabato dalle 9.30-11.30.
- Episcopale-anglicano (Episcopalian-Anglican) Chiesa Americana di San Paolo entro le Mura, Via Napoli, 58. Tel.064883339. Orario: festivi 8.30-10.30 in inglese; alle 13 in spagnolo.
- Evangelico Luterano (Lutheran-Evangelical) – Via Sicilia, 70. Tel. 066792617. Orario: domenica alle 11.
- Evangelico Metodista (Methodist-Evangelical) – Via Firenze, 38. Tel. 064814811. Orario: domenica alle 11.
- Evangelico Valdese (Waldensian-Evangelical) – Via IV Novembre, 107. Tel. 066792617. Orario: domenica alle 11.
- Islamico (Islamic) – Moschea di Roma, Via della Moschea. Tel. 068082258. Orario: venerdì 12.30.
- Ortodosso Greco (Greek Orthodox) – Via San Teodoro, 7. Tel. 066786624. Orario: domenica 10.30.
- Ortodosso Russo (Russian Orthodox) – Via Palestro, 71. Tel. 064450729. Orario: mercoledì e venerdì 18; giovedì 9; sabato 9 e 18; domenica 10 e 18.
- Presbiteriana (Presbyterian) – St Andrew’s Church of Scotland, Via XX Settembre, 7. Tel. 064827627. Orario: domenica alle 11.
- Valdese (Waldensian) – Piazza Cavour, 21. Tel. 063204868. Orario: 10.45 solo domenica.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Maps failed to load
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.